Could phantom heads be the answer to MRI scanner calibration?
Phantoms play an important role in the scientific community, as numerical or physical models that mimic human characteristics. In a novel approach, researchers have 3D printed phantom heads as inexpensive tools for testing the effects of localized heating on the human head by MRI systems.
Please sign in or register for FREE
Sign in to 3DMedNet
Not a member yet? Become a member FREE to:
- Get unlimited access to ALL CONTENT
- Read selected articles from journals such as Journal of 3D Printing in Medicine FREE
- Receive a weekly email roundup of the latest news and expert opinions
- Connect and collaborate with other members
- Post about your own research, share your take on key topics and more